Saturday, March 28, 2009

Amazing Words


Sitting across my work table a light lit up in my head. If you are wondering what is was here it comes. "What does it take for me to be great?"  So I decided to look up the definition of the word "Great/greatness".  The definition is astounding. "Greatness or pre-eminence is a concept heavily dependent on a person's perspective and biases. The term can be used to emphasise perceived superiority of a person or thing. See, for me it's not the fame, money, or pleasure. Pushing myself to higher levels in everything I do is what I am all about. Been near perfect or Great was always been my goal. Even if perfection is not reached, I am almost content because I know I tried my outmost best to achieve what I want.

Surfing the web I came across this poem that really described to me, personally, what the word Great/Greatness means. And this, I willing to share with you. 

Here goes;

True Greatness 
by C.E. Flynn

A man is as great as the dreams he dreams, 
as great as the love he bears;

As great as the values he redeems, 
and the happiness he shares.

A man is as great as the thoughts he thinks, 
as the worth he has attained;

As the fountains at which his spirit drinks, 
and the insight he has gained.

A man is as great as the truth he speaks, 
as great as the help he gives,

As great as the destiny he seeks, 
as great as the life he lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment